The Easy Way to Center a Raised Panel within a Door frame. Raised Panel! Solid wood panels must float inside the rails and stiles to allow for expansion and contraction and prevent future cracking and splitting. Space Balls will compress to both center the panel and provide a tight yet flexible fit.
- Automatically center panels in the assembling process.
- Expand and contract as the panel does.
- Eliminate panel rattle.
- Helps to eliminate the cracking of glue joints in panels.
- For professional cabinet makers, space balls eliminate most customer complaints associated with movement of floating panels.
- Space Balls measure .260 for a snug fit in a standard 1/4 in. groove. The snug fit holds the space balls in place during assembly.
- Use minimum of 2 space balls per side. For longer panels, more space balls may be used.
- For most reliable expansion joint, groove in rails and stiles should be at a depth to where space ball will not compress more than 1/3 its diameter.
Made in USA.
Documentation is unavailable