General Finishes MILK PAINT
Available in 26 colors, General Finishes Milk Paint is a high quality interior/exterior pre-mixed paint. Not a true "casein based milk paint" but a modern version of old world paint with a strong mineral base. It is adaptable and UV resistant. It may be applied via brush or spray and possesses excellent flow and leveling properties.
Milk Paints can be applied over existing finishes and will leave a low luster satin finish. For a higher shine or more protection, we recommend General Finishes High Performance Top Coat.
Milk Paint can be applied over existing finishes, stains or other paints as long as they are completely dry. It will adhere to a variety of surfaces including wood, fiberglass, PVC, vinyl and most composite materials. Always test a small area first when going over other products to ensure the paint adheres well to the original surface. Before you start, carefully read the directions on the back of the can. Test the color to ensure it's what you want.
SMOOTH-GRAINED WOODS THAT PAINT WELL: Poplar, Aspen, Basswood, Maple and Birch.
- UV resistant and is suitable for both interior and exterior furniture.
- Milk Paint can be used alone, layered over another Milk Paint color
- Coverage per gallon - 400 to 500 sq. ft. (Coverage will vary based on type of wood)
- For Exterior Projects, Milk Paint can be used alone or or with Exterior 450 Topcoat.
- Apply with a synthetic or foam brush, or sprayed with an HVLP or conventional sprayer
- Milk paint can be thinned using water or General Finishes
- Ready to sand in 1 – 2 hours., depending on humidity and temp.
- Light sanding between coats using 220 grit foam-backed sanding sponge - or 320 to 400 grit sanspaper.
- Use tack cloth to remove dust between coats
- Can be sprayed through compressed air, HVLP, airless or C.A.S. units.
- Fluid tip sizes should be as follows: Compressed air - .050, HVLP - .072, Airless - .013. Use medium size air caps.
- If thinning is needed, add 5% -10 water.
- Spray on a solid first coat using a 6-inch spray pattern, overlapping by half on each pass.
- Let dry 2-4 hours, then sand the surface with a soft-backed sanding sponge.
- Apply the second coat the same way, filling in the color until solid. A third coat can be added if desired.
- Milk Paint has great vertical cling and rarely runs, so you can easily paint vertical surfaces to get a solid finish.
Color Chart is not an exact representation of colors; use for reference only.
Made in USA.
Milk Paints all meet the environmental GREEN guidelines set forth for Architectural, Cabinets and Furniture (EPA 40 CFR Parts 9, 59 & 63), California Wood Coatings (SCAQMD Rule 1136), Kitchen Cabinet Makers Association (ESP - Environmental Stewardship Program), and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
Documentation is unavailable