McFeely's Trailer Deck Screws - 12-24 x 2-1/2 in.
Designed for attachment of 2X nominal lumber (1-1/2' thick actual)
- Self-drill metal tapping point
- Hole Enlargement Tabs prevent board jacking.
- As screw is driven the tabs enlarge the hole in the wood member to prevent thread engagement in the wood. This prevents gaps between the wood member and the substrate (board jacking)
- Once the tabs reach the metal substrate, they break off allowing the scre threads to self tap threads in the metal.
- Self Countersinking - Nibs on the underside of the head allow the screw to self-countersink.
- #3 self drilling point designed for a total material thickness of .110" to .210".
- 2-1/2" Screws for 2X (1-1/2" nominal) decking
- Threads are 24 per inch.
- Thickness of truck bed from 0.110" to 0.220"
- Made of Type 410 Stainless Steel.
- Drill Speed no more than 1,200 rpm (best to use lower speed, higher torque driver setting)
- As material hardness increases, lower drill speed is recommended.
- Do not use with impact driver drills.
Made in Taiwan
Documentation is unavailable