This bit allows you to create bowl and trays easily and in little time.
Rout grooves or beautiful raised sign lettering, unique boxes or lots of other specialty of craft items. The round corner of the bit shapes the inner radius while the sides and bottom create the smooth flat surfaces. Equipped with a bearing for easy template work, this bit features super-strength superior steel body, Non-Stick Orange Shield Coating and cutting edges made of SinterHip Hi-Density Industrial Chrome Carbide for a long-lasting performance.
After a test performed by Wood Magazine, CMT orange bits have been rated the first overall router bits compared to other brands.
- 5/8 in. Cutting Length, 1/4 in. Radius, 2-25/64 in. Overall Length.
- Create bowl and trays, rout grooves or sign lettering, unique boxes or more craft items.
- The round corner of the bit shapes the inner radius while the sides and bottom create the smooth flat surfaces.
- 2 Hi-Density carbide-tipped cutting edges for long-lasting performance on wood.
- Anti-kickback design to work safely.
Safety tips: Always wear a dust mask and eye protection when routing.
Safety precautions: never use damaged or worn bits. Always work at the recommended proper feed rate without forcing the bit. Pay particular attention when making the initial cut with a small diameter bit. For best results when working with small diameter bits, make the cut in more than one pass.
How CMT produces high quality router bits
- Turning, Milling and Cutting CMTs biggest investment in recent years has been in upgrading production. Today, all machinery at CMT is fully automated. CNC machines run by specially trained operators ensuring the shanks and bodies of our router bits and boring bits are accurate and perfectly balanced.
- Heat forged steel bodies for large diameter bits No router bits are exactly the same, not even in the way they are made. Certain bits require a few more steps than others, like heat forging the steel of larger diameter bits before turning it into precise bit bodies. This extra step produces a radial grain orientation which offers large diameter bits extra strength and durability.
- Brazing We have pioneered the art of brazing. Not only does our unique custom–designed computerized brazing equipment help eliminate the inconsistencies found in old fashioned hand brazing, but our silver–copper–silver brazing ‘sandwich’ provides a tight bond between the steel and the carbide, with a shock absorbing effect to protect the carbide tips when cutting harder woods.
- Specially formulated carbide for specific applications In woodworking, you have to cut every kind of material, so we make sure that our carbide tips can handle each individual job. This means specially formulating the carbide of each tool so that the compositions vary from being super hard (for tough cutting jobs like laminates) to being less hard (to absorb the impact when cutting large profiles) and everything in between.
- Grinding and Sharpening The final step in the production process is no different from the rest: sharpening and grinding are done to extreme precision on multi–axis CNC machines. Each bevel and angle is ground or sharpened to the micron, to produce a cutting edge that is both razor sharp, yet extremely durable.
Documentation is unavailable
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and cobalt, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov