Headcote Composite Decking Screws
| The HEADCOTE advantage. |
Artfully designed to blend with today’s most popular composite and hardwood decking, HEADCOTE offers the following advantages:
- Greatly improved appearance
- Increased owner satisfaction
- Stainless steel quality and durability
- The largest selection of color choices
- Both trim head and flat head styles
- Approved for ACQ treated lumber
- The highest quality and most reliable supply
- Proven and tested in the marketplace
Keeping Up With State-Of-The-Art Composites
Five years ago, when Headcote created the first stainless steel deck screws with color coated heads, composite decking was just beginning to take off. The original colors provided a board enough range of choices to blend with the decking available at the time. Today, as composites have grown in popularity, the range of deck board colors has also grown.
To address the growing and varied selection of deck board colors on the market, Headcote has added 10 new colors designed to blend with today’s most popular decking materials!
Things To Consider When Choosing A HEADCOTE Screw For Wood Decking
- Within any species of lumber there is a variation in color and grain.
- Consider how you will maintain your deck as well as the likely effects of weathering.
- If you are using treated lumber decking only flat head screws should be used as treated lumber can warp or cup to the extent that it can pull through a trim head screw.
Things To Consider When Choosing A HEADCOTE Screw For Composite Decking
- Composite decking may be subject to various degrees of fading. Check with the manufacturer so you know what to expect.
- Color recommendations are based on new boards.
Product & Usage Notes
- Headcote deck screws are #305 stainless, have auger points, square drive recesses and countersinking nibs.
- In some materials, such as certain hardwoods and dense composites, pre-drilling may be necessary. (Check with composite deck board manufacturer’s installation instructions for recommendations.) For best results and a perfect hole and fit every time, use the Headcote Smart-Bit pre-drilling and countersink tool.
- The coating used for Headcote has been specifically formulated for durability but, like all coatings in outdoor and flooring applications, it is subject to wear based on foot traffic and exposure to the elements.
The SMART-BIT Headcote System
When combined with Smart-Bit, Headcote’s pre-drilling and countersinking tool specifically designed for use with Headcote deck screws, the once difficult task of pre-drilling an entire deck becomes fast and easy.
Can’t find the answers you’re looking for? Call 800-443-7937
and ask for our Product Support Department or send us an email