FastenMaster IQ Warranty
The FastenMaster® IQ Hidden System has been designed to be an integral component of
an exterior deck for the life of the decking materials.
FastenMaster has conducted testing in both composite and wood decking systems and found the
IQ system to be a compatible means of installation for these materials when used as
This warranty pertains not only to the IQ clip but the fasteners included with this system
including the use of pressure treated decking and framing materials containing either
ACQ or Copper Azole formulations.
Under the terms of this warranty, FastenMaster will replace any part of the IQ system
found to be structurally compromised or failing to perform as intended. As part of this
guarantee, FastenMaster will provide replacement of the affected fasteners and boards if
deemed necessary as well as providing a fair means of remedy for removal and reinstallation
of fasteners and boards.
This warranty, however, does not cover the “incorrect use” conditions such as:
- Fastener coating removed by means of improper installation
- Clips damaged by improper installation technique (i.e. – overdriving)
- Salt water contact, defined as within ¼ mile of salt water (use of stainless
steel fasteners recommended in this case)
- Direct contact with stripping agents. Diluted cleaning agents approved.
- Failure to follow written FastenMaster or decking material instructions
For questions regarding the use of the IQ Hidden System, or the above warranty, please
contact the FastenMaster team at 1-800-518-3569 or email at email@example.com.
This dated warranty supersedes all written statements prior to January 1, 2006.